Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Connecting the musical dots between Havana, Cuba and Lagos, Nigeria, Cubafrobeat's shows are exhilarating, inclusive and heart-warming occasions.
Led by one of the most important Afrobeat musicians in the world today, Dele Sosimi, and backed up by members of London "fusionistas-par-excellence" Lokkhi Terra, the 8-piece band create a tight-knit sound that reflects their cross-Atlantic influences. Expect heavy percussion, infectious rhythms and a lot of energy.
Lokkhi Terra meets Dele Sosimi - presenting CUBAFROBEAT.
“A total stonking blinder” - All About Jazz ****
"Irresistible, compelling world beat" Heaven Magazine ****
“A fusion lover’s dream” – Songlines Magazine ****
“This coming together feels particularly inspired” – London Evening Standard****
Funkiwala Records presents the third in the series of “Lokkhi Terra meets”albums, with the London fusionistas creating another unique sound-clash, this time with ex-Fela Kuti keyboardist and legendary UK Afro-beat ambassador Dele Sosimi, and members of his critically acclaimed Afro-beat Orchestra.
This particular collaboration has been bubbling away for a few years now, teasing audience expectations with a handful of sold out shows each year in between both bands busy schedules.
Featuring the two pianos of Kishon Khan and Dele Sosimi – Cuban percussionists/vocalists Geraldo De Armas (Yoruba Andabo), Oreste Noda (Ariwo), Javier Camilo (Ibrahim Ferrer) - a horn section led by Justin Thurgur (Bellowhead) featuring Yelfris Valdes (Sierra Maestra) and Graeme Flowers (Kyle Eastwood) to name a few – this is an All-star cast.
Kishon Khan’s Lokkhi Terra have over a number of years now been quietly establishing themselves as one of London’s more unusual heavyweight outfits, described as “Stunning Headliners… A majestic multi-cultural blend of sounds… effortlessly builds bridges between rolling Indian raga rhythms, Afro-Cuban grooves, Acid Jazz/funk and free flowing improvisation" (Timeout London). Included amongst the band members are London’s top Cuban musicians, adding their infectious rich musical history to the city’s melting pot.
When the band wanted to explore Cuban links with another of their favourite traditions, Afrobeat, who better to bring in then one of the Afrobeat originators – maestro Dele Sosimi – “Sosimi creates some of the most bewitching grooves in modern African music” E Jazz News.
Bringing together two Yoruba speaking musics - with different accents, from different sides
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
Table within 6 meters of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£149.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Table from the middle to front of the room with a full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£89.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£79.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Table in Bay Window area with partial view of stage and screens including a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements (see above). See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£59.00|
Show Only - Live Music Standard icket
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage and screens See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site + food menus available
|21:30 - 23:00||£29.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.