Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is hosting a fabulous celebratory Christmas Jazz Lunch every day from 7th to 23rd December. Jazz super star, Jo Harrop, recently dubbed, “One of our favourite voices” by BBC Radio 2 presenter Jo Whiley, and her band will perform the very best of The Great American Songbook and some Christmas jazz classics. The sumptuous three course Christmas lunch menu includes free range roast turkey and all the trimmings as well as vegetarian options, using, as always, the very finest seasonal British ingredients. Whether for a business get together or for friends and family this is the most entertaining lunch this Christmas in the capital! The Lunch & Christmas Jazz Show tickets are £49.50 per person.
Jazz with Jo Harrop Quartet
Inspired by the coolness of jazz divas such as Julie London and Anita O’Day, and the emotion of late-night ballads by Sarah Vaughn and Billie Holiday, Jo Harrop and her band perform well-loved standards from the American songbook – capturing the swinging spirit of 1940s and 50s recordings.
This girl was born to sing jazz!" Blues & Soul
“A singing sensation… her voice is amazing…a class act” BeBop Spoken Here
“Excellent tone and great stage presence” Marlbank; “Alex Hitchcock….undoubtedly one of the stars of the future” Jazz FM
“A very fine jazz singer.” Iggy Pop – BBC 6 Music
Alex Webb is a songwriter, arranger and pianist. His songs have been recorded by jazz singers China Moses, Mina Agossi, Sandra Nkake, Liane Carroll, Allan Harris, Alexia Gardner and Alexander Stewart, among others. His show ‘Cafe Society Swing’ has enjoyed several theatre runs in London and one in New York, where he received the New York Times ‘Critic’s Pick’.
“Here is a writer not content with peddling jazz covers but a composer hell-bent on writing some new jazz standards” – Blues & Soul
‘'Webb is a writer not content with peddling jazz covers but a composer hell-bent on writing some new jazz standards’'– From Blues & Soul
ABOUT OUR FOOD
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale’s Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://vimeo.com/44646126
Boisdale of Belgravia is a lively Scottish restaurant with cigar terrace, whisky bars, private dining rooms and live jazz every night- serving modern British dishes and the finest whiskies.
“Lovable, clubbable and the nightly jazz is world-class” Tatler
“The food is excellent – the most succulent meat, fish and game” Daily Telegraph
“One of London’s unsung treasures” The Guardian
“London’s best-loved shrine to all things Scottish” Evening Standard
All acts and ticket prices are subject to confirmation, change and availability.
Live Music & Lunch
3 course menu & live music
|12:00 - 17:00||£49.50|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.